Wednesday 14 September 2011

Birthdays, babies and sleep or lack of it!

Friday was the 30th birthday of one of my oldest friends. To mark this speical occasion She had asked me to bake her a birthday cake. Her one requirement was that it contain chocolate to keep her boychild happy.

So I began cake planning. I scoured the internet for interesting recipes that involved chocolate and cake. During my research I discovered Sweetpolita a fabulous blog containing the most wonderful cakes. I settled on a chocolate cake with raspberry meringue frosting and topped with a dark chocolate ganache. I also added some frosted raspberries to the top for prettiness. Diverted somewhat from the recipe I also went for a round cake as I am not much skilled with the icing of sharp angles.



The cake was a massive sucess and well worth the hours spent baking it. I think it went down pretty well with the other guests as well.



This weeks tasks are many. I seem to have signed up to be doing something with the moomoos nearly every day. Also with the pook back at school everything is very busy with new afterschool activities and homework. I am hoping that we will quickly fall back into a pleasant routine that suits all.

I have made some progress on the blanket. It is slow going though and I need to buy some more yarn.


No comments:

Post a Comment