Monday 5 September 2011

Bonfires, jacket tatties and crocheting

Well september is here. On the 23rd of this month i turn thirty! I am not altogether sure how I feel about this or if I feel anything about this at all.

The last few weeks of August were filled with trips away and fun fun fun. We ten days in west Wales visiting friends and family. This included wonderful trips to the seaside and walks around the greenness.



Highlights of the trip included introducing the Moomoo to the sea at secret beach. The husband and I dangled her tiny toes into the sand and sea as the pook quickly stripped off to his pants and went for a swim.
                                          Moomoo's enjoying the great outdoors


We also visited Cenarth Falls which after some rain was beautiful. Cillgaren castle was also a treat as was a wonder around Nevern. Exploring the grave yard with the mightily Celtic cross and bleeding yew.
                                           Cenarth Falls

                                                     Celtic Cross Nevern Church Yard


The trip to Wales was followed by a weekend visint dear friends in Bradwell-on-Sea. The purpose of the trip was the attend the christening of my Godson Ciaran. It was a beautiful day and much fun was had by all.

Now safely returned to London the pook is soon to start back at school. He will be starting in year 6 and is very excited about it all. It is so nice to a have child that enjoys school so much. It will be strange after the six weeks of summer to return to spending my days alone with Moomoo.

Now for the crocheting. I am currently working on a Giant project crocheting tiny hexagons from a pattern on Bunny Mummy that will eventually for a wonderful soft cotton blanket of teal and the lightest of lemon yellows. I will post some pictures of my progress when I have a moment.

now with the change of weather i look forward to having some sofa time to listen to radio 4 and crochet away in the evenings. I am most definitely becoming old before my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment