Tuesday 19 July 2011

Rain rain go away

Today the sky has been thick with clouds scudding poast my window raining down on my day. Moo moo and I attempted to escape from the house this morning however her nodding off before we left scuppered that. By the time she decided to wake up the chance had passed as the heavens repeatedly emptied themselves.


So in order to save the day i set about doing stuff. This stuff invloved making origami cranes. I had recently ordered a large quantity of origami paper with the intention of making some things for something. So far i have made some animals flowers and stars. Today however was the day of the crane.

So we settled by the window. Moo moos watching the sky and I folding paper. There is something wonderfully relaxing about folding the same pattern repeatedly. Your hands take over as your mind wonders through a myrid of topics.

The result was a rainbow of cranes all neatly folded. When I picked the pook up from school I taught him how to fold a crane. He loved it and spent the next hour looking up origami on the net. It is always wonderful when you capture a childs interest with something so simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment