Tuesday 13 December 2011

Tis the season to be jolly!

The days a defiantly shortening rapidly now. The chill air in the mornings makes me wish I could spend the day snuggled up instead of braving the outdoors.

The pook breaks up from school on Friday. This means I have spent a portion of the week planning what we will do with his days off. I have planned chilly winter walks, baking, decorating the house and watching wonderful films. Yesterday I purchased my Christmas radio times. Each year I buy one and with the help of the pook and some input from the husband we plan the Christmas must sees.


This year there seems to be a huge number of wonderful films on along with must see Christmas specials such as Outnumbered and Dr Who. I predict a lot of time snuggled under a blanket eating nibbles and watching films.

Now on with the JOLLY. Things that are making me jolly apart from my Christmas radio times include -

My pretty advent calender. I love opening a door everyday to see a pretty picture inside.



My amaryllis. Have i mentioned my amaryllis before? The pook and I potted it up about four weeks ago. It began to grow like the clappers. I am always impressed by how quickly they grow and bloom. Well this amaryllis is special. It does not have one fantastic flower head but TWO! yes two! This made me feel extra jolly.


Is it not splendid?



Making mince pies with the delicious mincemeat i made a few weeks ago has been a jolly making delight. I like to pop a ball of marzipan under each lid making them extra special. Mince pies seem to disappear at an amazing rate in our house. One minute they are there the next gone.

I am hoping to make a chocolate yule log this week and some biscotti. Just to add to the gluttony! I have a wonderful recipe for the most perfect biscotti. When I bake them I will post it. They take a while to make and the ingredients seem a bit mad but they are a little piece of heaven.

This week I am hoping to get going on making a cute star garland made of stuffed felt stars. I will update with my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment