Friday 2 December 2011

dec the halls with funny things made of felt.

Yesterday, the first day of Christmas, was very productive. After popping into Chiswick to pick up the photographs I had ordered to put in Mr B's wallet that we are giving him for his birthday I pad a visit to Turnham Arts and Crafts. I became slightly carried away by the array of crafty wonderfulness! In a first for me I exercised some restraint and only picked up what I had come on for which was red and white felt and also some little bells. You have probably guessed what I was planning to make.

In Novembers Mollie Makes they had instructions for making the most adorable Christmas decorations. These little felty beauties were too much the resist and I knew the moment I saw them that I would have to make some of my own.

Look are they not adorable?


Here are the ones I made. There are plans afoot to make many many more.


And some close ups for those who are interested in the scruffiness of my handy work :)


I played around with different embellishments.


Some worked better than others. I think my bells need a bit of work!



I was pleased with this one decorated with buttons. I need to find some more christmassy buttons to decorate future ones.



With all the decoration distraction I have done not one hooky stitch to my rainbow blanket. I wanted to finish it before Christmas which is seeming like the impossible task. I will try to get some done today between baking, cleaning and school Christmas fairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment