Tuesday 20 December 2011

We're walking in the AIR!!

Well are not but I have made the most wonderful string of snowmen after the inspiration of the stars lookie here...


So easy to make and so cute!


I am very proud of their little scarves.


The weather is very damp and grey here so not the best light for photographs!
We have also finally got a Christmas tree. I suffer from Christmas tree OCD. My tree MUST be a thing of beauty. I cannot stand fake trees. They not only look dreadful but there is none of the fun of the purchase. Walking back to the house with the husband carrying the tree. The smell of Christmas tree filling the house etc...



So after a prolonged shopping expedition involving the visiting of more than one tree selling establishment we found our tree. It was say four and a bit feet tall and all bushy and rounded. The pook and I spent a wonderful morning decorating it. We have a simply HUGE amount of decorations. Glass ones, new ones, antique ones and special decorations from around the world that my mother has brought back to us from the various counties she has lived in over the years.

Here is the splendid tree. Is it not beautiful?



I am now feeling all christmassy. The house is nearly ready and I have done all of my shopping and wrapping. Today I baked Christmas biscuits with the pook which we iced in different coloured glace icing and then decorated with silver balls, edible glitter and hundreds and thousands. They are very pretty.




And they also taste very good. I will pop a photo of the finished biscuits up when I get a chance.

Tomorrow will be Christmas cake icing and maybe tackling the chocolate log. I am really looking forward to it. I have had some time in between the Christmas baking and crafting to do a few rows on my granny stripe blanket but not as much as I would like. I really need to become more organised. Has anyone got any tips??

Hope you are all enjoying the run up to Christmas too.

No comments:

Post a Comment