Wednesday 30 November 2011

STRIKE Nov30

Well today my colleagues are striking about changes that the current government want to make to our pensions. I am rather sad that I cannot join them on the picket line as I am at home looking after the moomoos, the pook whose school is closed due to the strike and a friends child as she had no childcare for today.

I have found when talking to friends and acquaintances that a large number of those working in the private sector have been mislead by the propaganda spread that the public sector is a world of milk and honey where workers are wrapped in cotton wool and therefore do not feel the pinch of the double dip. This has saddened me and it is simply not true. The public sector like the private sector are faced with redundancies, pay freezes, recruitment freezes and now problems with our pensions.

Also should we not be supporting each other when we are fighting for our rights rather than picking on each other due to feelings of jealousy?

No comments:

Post a Comment