Monday 21 November 2011

Hours pass by in the blink of an eye...

See I only meant to be gone a moment whilst I settle to moomoos and then finished my last post. However a few seconds turned into five whole days. I don't know where the time goes really. I seem to spend a great deal of time chasing my own tail attempting to keep up with things I am supposed to do, things I want to do and things I feel I should do.

Over the last five days I have atleast had a few stolen moments to add a couple of rows to my rainbow granny stripe blanket. It is really coming along. When I do have a moment to work on it I find it grows at an extraordinary rate. The rhymic speed of the pattern pausing only to change the colour of my yarn every so often.

Can you see all the ends I will have to weave in. Not one of my favourite jobs. I have considered teaching the pook to do it and then bribing him with chocolate!



Here is a couple of the moomoos enjoying the rainbow blanket.


She seems to love the stripey rainbow fun. I have attempted to keep the stripes random changing from one colour to another without following a pattern. It is really hard not to fall into a pattern though.


Also this week I attended the last print making class. I will be very sorry not to be attending this class every week anymore. I have really enjoyed myself and the other people on the course have all been a pleasure to work with. This week I set to screen printing bags and tea towels of christmas gifts. Here are a couple of them.


I love the combination of the blue print on the orange bag. Sadly I only printed one in this colour combination so will not have one to keep.


I also experimented with printing the motif in repeat on a bag and working in different colours. It was all wonderful fun! Maybe I should sign up for another six week course in the new year.

Now on my list of things to do today I need to find two secret santa gifts, bake two christmas cakes and source some felt to make pretty christmas decorations. This months Mollie Makes came with loads of beautiful ideas for christmas which made me very excited. I will have a hundred and one different projects on the go over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment