Wednesday 2 November 2011

Bumbling around Kew looking at the trees

Today I spent the afternoon with the moomoos bumbling around Kew Gardens. The gardens are one of my favourite places in the world. Today we were booked in for a tree identification walk. It was fantastic! Our guide Anne was a volunteer and guided us around oaks, London plane, ash, cedars, scots pine, liquid amber and many other fabulous trees.

We learnt how to identify each tree by its leaf, seed/fruit and bark. I can honestly say I have not done something so interesting in some time. Moomoos was very well behaved considering and spent most of the walk snoozing in her mei tai.

I took millions of photos. Here are but a few of them.

Liquid Amber


Common Oak



Not all conifers are evergreen. Never knew that before today.



Beautiful colours. Really pleased that it didn't rain.



Wonderful autumn colours across the lake.


This evening I am off to my print making course. Tonight we embark on our three week project. I have tried over the last two weeks to come up with a plan as to what I wanted to do. Needless to say I have not had much success with my planning. I will yet again be deciding on something at the last moment and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment