Monday 31 October 2011

Rainbows and a new granny stripe project

Hello hello,

This week has been half term and so filled with stuff and things and altogether very busy.

The pook spent most the week away with his grandparents in wales. He really enjoys his holidays with them however I miss him terribly when he is gone. He returned on Friday with his grandmother who stayed the night and babysit for me and Mr B so we were able to have a rare night out.

Went went to a local pub called the George and Dragon. This is a beautiful little pub which has a fantastic back room where Mr B and I had our wedding reception many moons ago. This Friday we went to see a man called Lonesome Dave Ferguson. He makes music like a magical one man band layering sounds by recording samples and mixing them all up together. Altogether we had a fabulous night.

This half term as usual has also been filled with Halloween fun. The pook loves Halloween and dressing up. This year we went to an event at Chiswick House.The house is set in a beautiful park with a magical lake. There were fun games for the little ones. Everyone brought along a carved pumpkin and a fancy dress competition.

The pook on the bus on our was the Chiswick House.



The boy and his pumpkin.


The moomoos dressed up as a spider. Found this costume in Fara charity shop in Chiswick. Three pound bargain!


Mr B and I enjoyed a glass of red wine and some pumpkin soup to keep us warm. There were many many wonderful pumpkins.


We placed our pumpkin by the side of the path.


When the sky began to darken all of the pumpkins were lit. It was all rather magical.



Walking back out of the park through the twilight we saw a family of swans swimming up the lake. Sadly the light level was too low for the camera I had with me.

This week as also the starting of new projects. I am embarked on the massive task to create a blanket for our bed. I settled on the granny stripe pattern provided by Attic24. The pattern is incredibly simple to follow and so I began hooking it on Wednesday when my new wool arrived.


I am loving this pattern. Its simplicity means I can hook away happily without the need to count or really concentrate. It is also growing rapidly flying off my hook.


I hope you agree that it is shaping up to be a beauty. Now as the moomoos is having a nap I will be settling down to add a few more rows.

No comments:

Post a Comment