Sunday 9 October 2011

Crochet, Printing - What a busy time

This week has been amazingly busy. From one end to the other crammed with things and stuff and commitments. On wednesday I started a printmaking course at open ealing. The course is wonderful. Over the first three weeks we will be exploring monoprinting, linoprinting and silkscreen printing. The aim is to spend the final three weeks working on a project using one, two or all the printmaking types that we have covered. This week I played with linoprinting. My fingers are covered in cuts from nicking myself with the lino cutting tools. I however had so much fun.





I also had a little play with monoprinting which despite the name can involve a whole rainbow of colours. I am looking forward to playing about with this more next week.




Other happenings this week include this crocheting of a little cardigan for the moo moos. This is the first cardigan that i have created. It went ok but wasn't a massive sucess. What i found was that I was able to make the components easily enough but struggled with the construction. I pay yet pick it all to peices and start again.



I will add some pictures of the crochet and printing in the morning when the light is better for taking photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment