Monday 24 October 2011

Finishing a project makes me warm inside.

I have finished the apple jackets which I started earlier this week following a pattern featured in the Guardians craft section.


These were a pleasure the make. A quick and easy pattern that could be completed easily whilst watching a film or having a chat.  I made the green one first and then the blue. Both are made of cotton, the green Rowan and the blue Debbie Bliss, which I had hanging about from other projects.


They are awaiting their buttons which I have not found yet. What I would really like are a couple of large fruit themed buttons. Maybe enamel ones.



I think I may return to this patten at a later date an make some more of these cute little things. The pattern is also very easy to manipulate in order to produce larger or smaller jackets.

In between crocheting tiny little jackets we have been very busy. I have been baking banana breakfast muffins from Pam Corbins Cake book.



They are wonderfully tasty. Not to sweet an with plently of cinnamon. A wonderful start to the day.

I have also been to my print making class where I produced another Linoprint. The initail print when I was working out the composition.


I then printed a series in blue with more detail followed by another colour on top. I liked this combination of maroon and blue.



Finally a combination of blue and black which I think worked rather well. You can see that I have got better at registering with a resulting cleaner image.


Tonight I am off to my crochet course and looking forward to playing with some yarn. I have also ordered a nice stash of 17 100g balls which will hopefully pop through my letterbox shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment