Thursday 20 October 2011

Banana Bread and New Projects

I will start with the banana bread recipe I promised last night. It makes the most amazingly delicious banana bread and is adapted from a recipe by Pam Corbin in her book Cake.

Ingredients

250g wholemeal self raising flour
pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
100g butter
125g golden caster sugar
100g walnut pieces
250g mashed ripe bananas
1 egg

Line a 1 litre loaf tin with some grease proof paper. I use the loaf tin liner available from John Lewis. Heat the oven to 180 degrees.

Sift the flour, salt and cinnamon in a bowl. Cut the butter into cubes and rub into the dry ingredients within the bowl until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the sugar and walnuts and mix until evenly distributed.

In a separate bowl mix the mashed banana with the egg and whisk lightly. Beat this mixture into the flour mixture until well incorporated. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and then bake for 35 to 40 minutes.

This loaf will fill your kitchen with wonderful smells. Pam Corbin is a cake genius!

I have also started a new crochet project today. The Guardian newspaper at the weekend featured a craft project from the magazine mollie makes. Well I couldn't resist and have started straight away to crochet a little apple cosey. I can't see any really use for this item but you will have to agree that it will be very cute.

So I am using some beautiful Rowan cotton DK that I had lying about the house. I forget what the shade is and cannot locate the label!

This is what I have done so far-


I love love love the colour and we pop another photo up when I have finished it.

No comments:

Post a Comment