Monday 7 November 2011

Holed up in a house that smells of christmas!

This weekend was magical fun. Bonfire night has always been a favourite celebration of mine. I think fireworks must be the best way to burn money. This year we went to the Ravenscourt Park display with friends. They have a a children's display and then a full on display later in the evening. There are also fairground rides other amusements.

Here are some photos -


The fireworks included lots of whizzing and banging!



The moomoos slept in her sling through all of it.


They had light sticks which flashed and twinkled. We got one for the pook and one for the moomoos.


The fireworks were followed by the most perfect supper of welsh rarebit. Yum yum yum


In between all the fireworks fun I didn't have much time for crochet but managed to add a couple of extra rows to my rainbow granny stripe blanket. I think I am about a third of the way through the blanket. Still a lot to do!

Today was spent mooching around the house as the moomoos has developed a cold. So I thought long and hard about what to do today. Cleaning or cake baking? The cake baking won and I have made a start on this years Christmas cake. Every November I make a HUGE Christmas cake and feed it brandy before icing it in late December.


The fruit was weighed and chopped before being soaked in brandy to sit for two days gathering flavour. That means the cake will be all set for baking on Wednesday. I make Christmas cakes for gifts so this will be the first of perhaps six cakes which I will make over the next two weeks.

This is how all winter weekends should be. I look forward to the coming weeks when there will be more christmassy fun to be had.

No comments:

Post a Comment