Friday 27 January 2012

And the wind it blew driving the rain!

It is not a very nice day in West London. Grey and raining. So what better to make a dull grey day great than a spot of baking?

I love baking at any time. I love baking on a cold wet and windy day even more. The oven warming the kitchen and the smell of baking spreading through the house. Nothing like it for lifting the spirits! Today I have baked a very wonderful sticky lemon and poppy seed cake by the WONDERFUL Dan Lepard. You might remember that I got his Short & Sweet baking book for Christmas. I am in love with it and intend to slowly work my way through all of the wonderful recipes.

The cake was a masterpiece. Sadly with the dull light and its tastiness we scoffed it before I could take any photos. I did however take a photo of a wonderful rainbow that the moos and I spotted when out scurrying to the shops.


When out I could not resist popping into my a wonderful chocolate shop on Turnham Green Terrace where I sipped hot chocolate and nibbled marzipan whilst the wee one slept in her buggy.


Look at all the perfect chocolate wonderfulness!


I tried my best not to scoff them too quickly. They were truly divine!


Eventually the moos woke up and we had to make our way home through the rain and cold. Luckily there was a nice slice of cake waiting at home for us.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment