Friday 13 January 2012

Keep on crafting in the new year

So I have but two short months of maternity leave left. I will be returning to part time work in March. I have mixed feelings about this. But hoo hum it has to be done. I have really enjoyed my year off with the Moomoos getting to know her and her getting to know me. I will be slightly sad not to be spending all my time with her and the pook. I have also love love LOVED having more time to craft and bake and just generally take life at a slower pace. This year I have learnt to crochet (sort of), silk paint, screen print, lino print and other crafty stuff. This has been the most unbelievable fun.

I really hope that I am able to keep up the crafting once I am back at work!

Today I have been experimenting with machine embroidery. Having seen Kirsty Allsop have a go on TV I have had it on my to try list. Recently I ordered some fabric samples from John Lewis that were wonderful. All bug floral prints, boats and little dogs. I had been wondering what I should do with these swatches and then it dawned on my that they would be perfect for having a little machine embroidery experiment.

I decided that I would have a play around with just two of the samples. One by adding embroidered highlights and detail. The other would be head to toe sewing machine magic. I had so much fun making these. Although I need to practise a bit this is defiantly something I would try again.

Photos to follow. It is all dull and dark here. Not at all the right light for jolly photo taking.

I have also booked myself in for a decoupage evening with some other mums. I was inspired by Attic24 and her very pretty lamp. Of course I will share some photos of the crafty fun afterwards.

Now off to craft something for the littles to eat for supper and pop the heating on.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment