Thursday 19 January 2012

Today has been simply

WONDERFUL!

Sometimes being trapped in the house due to bad weather gives you the time and space to do things you really need to do. Sometimes you spend the day doing things you really want to do rather than the things that you really need to do. Today was one of those days.

I set out with good intentions of cupboard reorganisation, cleaning, tidying and other boring tasks. In fact I did get some of these less than thrilling things done. I washed clothes and packed away washing. I cleaned the kitchen. Then I thought do I want to spend all day doing this? Really? The answer was no so after lunch I set about improving my day. This involved playing with the moomoos. When the moos was occupied or napping I whipped out my sewing machine and some scraps of bits and bobs that I had picked up with a project in mind.

The table was covered in thread, paper, cloth and ribbon.  Creative happy mess and and muddle. Here are a few pictures of my crafty and fun day.




The start of the pretty pink and white bunting for the moomoos room.


My trusty John Lewis mini helping me to zip through the bunting. So much fun!




Bunting finished and ready to hang. I do love a project that is finished in one day. The bunting is double sided and spells of the moomoos name. It will make a pretty addition to her room.


And here are a few update photos of my granny stripe blanket which is coming along nicely. I hope to be all finished and ready to show it off at the end of next week.



A rather good day.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment