Friday 10 February 2012

Brussels

A wonderful day was had in Brussels. The -10 temperature was a bit nippy. Here are some photo highlights. Not as many photos as I would have liked but as I have mentioned it was rather cold!

A view from the eurostar as we raced through the french countryside.

More train, snow, reflection fun!
Long shadows as we begin at Brussels Midi

 Sampling some tradition beverages in the Toone Bar. Sadly we were not there on the right day to see one of the marionette shows.

My mum checking out some artwork. I forget what the gallery is called but it is HUGE and free!
Some of the wonderful things I saw and managed not to buy at the flea market. It was very difficult.

We stumbled upon this wonderful frozen fountain. It was still working however it had the most wonderful ice formations. I took a lot of photos of it. Completely enthralled with its beauty.

Look at all the icicles and the prettiness! The pond must have had about three inches of ice on it. Oh so beautiful!

Is it not the most magnificent frozen fountain that you have ever seen?

A panorama of Le Grande Place

No comments:

Post a Comment