Monday 27 February 2012

counting the days, hours, minutes and seconds

On friday I return to work. I am desperatly trying to avoid this but have somehow not managed to come up with a reason not to go. Well appart from the fact I don't want too.

So I am preparing. I have made some nice lists of things I need to get done over the next few days. I have yet to manage one of them. I wander about the house thinking about the lists and how important it is that I get on with them. Instead I have been having fun. The fun is more delicious as I know I should be sorting washing and changing bedding.

This weekend was were blessed with the most wonderful blue skies and mild days. We spent the days when I should have been attending to my lists out and about. Walks to Chiswick and bumbling around the shops. Watching the rugby at the local whilst eating the most wonderful lunch. Sunday was spent pootling about in Richmond soaking up the sunshine by the river.

I have realised I have begun trying to cheer myself up what with the impending DOOM of returning to work. I have baked a lot. Cookies, cakes, muffins. I have also been cooking wonderful meals. Stuff that requires more preperation than I will have time for when I go back to work. Today I may have a go at peanut butter brownies which sound great.

I have also been trying to really enjoy things that I won't be able to do as much. Long and relaxed lunches with the moomoos. Spending the days taking her out to fun things. Also quizzing the pook about his day when he arrives home from school. Being able to spend a precious hour just the two of us whilst moomoos naps.

Well thats enough with the doom and gloom. I have some photos to sort from the weekend and will pop them up shortly.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment