Monday 6 February 2012

An Febuary is running away with us with a flurry of snow!

Today I am sitting in the window looking out at the melting snow. On Saturday night it began. A light but consistent flurry that lasted throughout the night until about 7 am on Sunday morning. What it left behind was a beautiful world of White. The pook has always adored snow and with up with the larks to play outside. Crafting snowmen and having snowball fights. I introduced the moos the snow. She seemed rather indifferent towards it.


Look at my street all blanketed in snow! I love the way that it makes the world tinged with blue.


The pook out with shovel and a plastic colander to use as a makeshift bucket.

As it was no weather to be going out I got down to some serious crochet. First I completed the border on my granny stripes blanket. What a task! It seemed to take forever. I then started on the long process of sewing in all the ends. I have never enjoyed this (Does anyone?) and have still not completed it with 42 ends still to sew in. I decided that a wonderful day snuggled up at home was not a day to spend sewing in ends. Instead I started on a small project that I had been meaning to do for some time.

I have the most delightful little crochet book called Baby Crochet by Lois Daykin. I adore this little book full of wonderful projects. For a while I had fancied making the moos one of the little beanies in the book. So I settled down with my hook and some random yarn that I had hanging around the place and got going.

It took me about four hours to finish the beanie with a few breaks for drinks and lunch and interruptions by little people. I am very proud of the finished piece. It looks adorable on the moos. Here are some photos.



I love its simple stripes.


I also love the curly pom pom for the top.


Here is the moos sporting the new hat on our walk today.

We had a rather wonderful walk today despite the melting snow. Here are some pretty bird steps we spotted by the path.


We also picked up some beautiful daffs for the table.


I will of course pop some photos of the completed blanket up when I have finished sewing in the pesky ends. I am off to Brussels for the day tomorrow so hopefully I will have some nice photos to share.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment