Friday 24 February 2012

The days fly by approaching spring

Yesterday we had our first wonderful sunny warm day. The first taste of spring. The sky was blue and the air warm with that taste that promises long sunny days wandering. I have been rather neglectful of my blog these past two weeks. Busy with first birthdays and preparing to return to work. I have but a week of maternity leave left.

The crafting has been somewhat missing over the last fortnight. Pushed out of the way by other pursuits. I have been doing a great deal of baking spurred by the baking of the moomoos first birthday cake. I baked a simple sponge filled with buttercream and strawberry jam. It was rather delicious. Here are some photos of the finished cake. The butterflies I made myself. Spraying them pink and decorating them with edible glitter. I was rather pleased with the finished effect.



After the cake success I was griped by a baking fever. From my oven sprung amongst other delicacies sour cherry and oat biscuits, banana blondies and breakfast muffins. All this baking is doing nothing for my waistline but the family are loving it.

I am sure I will be back on the crafting bandwagon soon.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment